Wagamama allergy menu UK is designed to provide a safe and enjoyable dining experience for customers with allergies. Food allergies can cause severe reactions and can be life-threatening, so it is essential for restaurants to take the necessary precautions to prevent cross-contamination and ensure that customers are not exposed to allergens.
Wagamama recognizes the importance of catering to customers with allergies and has developed an extensive allergy menu to accommodate a range of dietary needs. The menu includes options for those with gluten, dairy, egg, nut, and shellfish allergies, as well as options for vegetarians and vegans.
Wagamama Allergy Menu UK
Wagamama provides a list of common allergens, which include gluten, wheat, crustaceans, eggs, fish, peanuts, soybeans, milk, nuts, celery, mustard, sesame, sulphur dioxide, and lupin. The menu also specifies which dishes are suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
How Wagamama handles allergen requests:
Wagamama takes allergen requests very seriously and has established protocols to ensure the safety of their customers. When customers inform the staff of their allergies or dietary restrictions, the staff will communicate this information to the kitchen team, who will take extra care when preparing the food. The kitchen team will also clean and sanitize the equipment and work surfaces before preparing the meal to avoid cross-contamination.
If a customer has a severe allergy, Wagamama recommends that they speak to the manager or the head chef, who will take additional precautions to prevent any risk of exposure to allergens.
Wagamama allergy menu offers a range of allergy-friendly starter options, including:
- Edamame – steamed soybeans with salt
- Wok-fried greens – stir-fried kale, bok choy, and broccoli with garlic and soy sauce
- Yasai gyoza – vegetable dumplings with a dipping sauce
- Avocado on toast – gluten-free toast topped with smashed avocado, chili flakes, and coriander
Wagamama’s kitchen team is trained to accommodate specific allergies and dietary needs. For example, if a customer has a gluten allergy, they can request gluten-free soy sauce to be used in their dish. Customers with a shellfish allergy can order the seafood dishes without the shellfish, and customers with a nut allergy can request that their dish be prepared in a nut-free environment.
Wagamama staff is knowledgeable about the ingredients used in each dish and can make recommendations based on a customer’s allergies or dietary restrictions. Customers are encouraged to inform the staff of their allergies when ordering to ensure that their meal is prepared safely.
Also, Check: Wagamama Menu
Wagamama allergy menu also offers a variety of allergy-friendly main options, including:
- Yasai yaki soba – stir-fried soba noodles with mixed vegetables
- Kare burosu ramen – rice noodles in a spicy soup with mixed vegetables
- Yaki udon – stir-fried udon noodles with mixed vegetables
- Vegatsu curry – breaded seitan in a curry sauce with mixed vegetables
- Yasai itame – stir-fried rice noodles with mixed vegetables and tofu
As with the starters, Wagamama’s kitchen team can accommodate specific allergies and dietary needs when preparing mains. For example, customers with a soy allergy can request that their dish be prepared without soy sauce, and customers with a dairy allergy can request that their dish be made with dairy-free alternatives.
Wagamama’s staff is trained to handle allergy requests and will take extra precautions to prevent cross-contamination in the kitchen. Customers with severe allergies are encouraged to speak to the manager or head chef to ensure that their meal is prepared safely.
Wagamama’s allergy menu also includes a variety of allergy-friendly side options, including:
- Mixed mushrooms – stir-fried mushrooms with garlic and soy sauce
- Bang bang cauliflower – crispy cauliflower in a sweet and spicy sauce
- Shichimi squid – crispy squid seasoned with Japanese spices
- Sweet potato fries – crispy sweet potato fries served with a dipping sauce
As with the starters and mains, Wagamama’s kitchen team can accommodate specific allergies and dietary needs when preparing sides. Customers with a gluten allergy can request that their dish be made with gluten-free alternatives, and customers with a sesame allergy can request that their dish be prepared without sesame seeds.
Wagamama’s allergy menu offers a couple of allergy-friendly dessert options, including:
- Coconut reika ice cream – a coconut-based ice cream with a mango and passion fruit sauce
- Passion fruit cheesecake – a vegan cheesecake made with passion fruit and served with fruit compote
As with the starters, mains, and sides, Wagamama’s kitchen team can accommodate specific allergies and dietary needs when preparing desserts. Customers with a nut allergy can request that their dessert be made without nuts, and customers with a gluten allergy can request that their dessert be made with gluten-free alternatives.
Wagamama’s allergy menu also includes a variety of allergy-friendly beverage options, including:
- Fresh juices – made with fruits and vegetables, such as carrot, ginger, and apple
- Soft drinks – a selection of carbonated drinks and non-carbonated options, such as lemonade and ginger beer
- Iced tea – a refreshing iced tea with a choice of flavors, such as peach or raspberry
- Green tea – a classic Japanese green tea with a subtle, earthy flavor
- Vegan beer and wine – a selection of vegan-friendly beer and wine options
Wagamama’s staff is trained to handle allergy requests and can advise customers on which beverages are suitable for their dietary needs. For example, customers with a gluten allergy may need to avoid beer, while customers with a nut allergy may need to avoid certain juice blends.
Wagamama takes special precautions to ensure the safety of customers with allergies. Some of the measures they take include:
- Training staff – All staff members are trained to understand the risks associated with allergies and the importance of preventing cross-contamination.
- Menu labeling – The menu is clearly labeled with information on common allergens present in each dish, making it easy for customers to identify suitable options.
- Kitchen practices – Wagamama has established strict kitchen practices to prevent cross-contamination. For example, they use separate cooking utensils and equipment for preparing allergy-friendly meals.
- Communication with customers – Staff members are encouraged to communicate openly with customers about their dietary needs and to ask clarifying questions to ensure that their meal is prepared safely.
- Allergy awareness – Wagamama is committed to raising awareness of allergies among its staff and customers. They regularly share information and tips on social media and other channels to help customers with allergies navigate the menu.
Also, Customers with severe allergies are encouraged to speak to the manager or head chef to ensure that their meal is prepared safely. The kitchen team will take extra precautions, such as washing hands and using clean utensils, to prevent cross-contamination.